Monday, May 3, 2010

20 weeks!

Hello again!

This past week has been a really good one. Either I am finally getting used to being pregnant (and it's about time!) or pregnancy really is getting easier...or both. I don't have a whole lot to report in terms of changes or symptoms this week. Sleep is getting easier. I think that's because I have been skipping my mid-day naps, so when I go to bed at night I am truly exhausted and sleep much more solidly. I'm peeing pretty often, which is still extremely annoying. I actually peed my pants last week due to a big sneeze...and I'm not talking about a trickle, I fully wet myself. Morning sickness seems to be going away though...I only throw up about once a week, when I wake up really hungry.

I can't get enough of corn on the cob. I loved it pre-pregnancy so I'm glad it's finally back in the grocery store. I ate corn on the cob en masse with shrimp for dinner the other night - heaven. Now that I'm thinking about it I may even walk over to the grocery store and get some for an afternoon snack. Mmmmmm.

I've been pretty absent-minded lately. Auntie Laura calls it 'placenta-brain'. I forget what I'm saying mid-sentence, forget what I'm doing while I'm doing it, and say things that sound like complete nonsense on occasion. I end sentences with "I don't know why I just said that" pretty often. I think it's kind of funny though...as long as it ends when the baby arrives. I don't want to have to say that pregnancy made me permanently stupid.

The baby is moving a LOT, which thrills me. I can finally feel movement from the outside, which is really exciting. I am pretty anxious for Jim to feel the baby for the first time. 28 more days until we reunite!

My 3rd ultrasound (I have to get another one done because the last one wasn't readable) is tomorrow, and I couldn't be more excited. I scheduled this one at the Doctor's Building downtown instead of the Group Health Center so their pesky 'only your doctor can tell you the sex' rule won't bite me in the ass again.

I will be leaving Sault Ste. Marie in less than three weeks...a fact that is as exciting as it is nerve-wracking. I am really excited to be in Winnipeg for some quality Jocelyne time. Maternity clothes-shopping, build-a-bear-ing and just being someplace different will be really fun. It also means I will be just a week away from seeing Jim again. It's actually painful how much I miss him. Only four more months of long-distance until this garbage-ey situation is over with.

It's now less than a month until I will be in Nova Scotia, and I am terribly excited. I love love love the country, and can think of no better place to spend the remainder of my pregnancy. I'm so looking forward to some peace and quiet. I'm also very eager to meet Jim's family and see where he grew up. Pregnancy has left my wardrobe pretty sparse, which for once in my life I consider a good thing, because packing won't be a problem!

Well, I think it's time for a walk...it's a beautiful day today. :)

Maybe tomorrow I can finally post the sex of the baby...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment