Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Evolution of a Blog...

This blog started out as my way of keeping family and friends posted on pregnancy details, so I wouldn't have to call everyone individually (because who has time for that?) and so that no-one would feel uninformed or left out.

It has become so much more than that to me in so little time. I look back and see that I started writing mostly about pregnancy symptoms. Then I included things I was unhappy about or excited about. Then as I really grew to love this baby more and more, I also began writing about other life events, and about my hopes and dreams. I've written about things that thrill me, and things that I find irksome. I've written about deeply personal things that I never would have shared with anyone, much less everyone who feels compelled to read this.

I have gotten so much feedback, advice and support from people and have truly appreciated it. I've rekindled some old friendships, been deeply touched that some people I thought we're out of my life due to geography, time, or just life happening actually read this on a regular basis. I find that inspiring. To know that I have a support network that spans distance and years is incredibly comforting to me, especially on the verge of a big move to a place far away from home where I know very few people.

This blog has become an outlet for me. I've been able to write when I'm happy, sad, mad, scared, euphoric and through tears of happiness and sadness - can you tell I'm emotional these days? I think it's a wonderful thing to know that if I can't sleep at 4am because I'm scared about motherhood, I can write about it, get my feelings out in the open, go back to bed and by 10am have messages of support, encouragement and understanding in my inbox to help me persevere. I love writing this blog, and I love everyone who reads it and has decided to come along for the ride with me.

Stay tuned. :)

1 comment: