Friday, May 14, 2010

Big Belly Roadblock...

I thought I'd share with you two stories from today.

When Anthony got home from school this afternoon, I was napping on the couch. Obviously his entrance woke me up, and the urgent need to pee directly followed. I started trying to roll myself off the couch (grunting with effort while I did so) with Anthony watching and laughing. After a little bit I gave up on the rolling (Anthony didn't give up on the laughing) and managed to get myself upright by pulling on the top of the couch and hoisting myself up into a sitting position. I looked up at Anthony, said "I'm fat" in a dejected tone, then walked past him to the bathroom as he fell onto his knees laughing at me. He's such a nice kid.

On a more delightful note, today another volunteer at the soup kitchen looked at me and said "You really look like a mother." I was beaming for the rest of the day.

My throat is on FIRE right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment