Wednesday, May 19, 2010

23 Weeks!

This week has been BUSY! With volunteering, packing, seeing people to say goodbye and going to appointments I have been exhausted, but it's been a great week. I can't complain about being busy because pretty soon I will be relaxing on the beautiful Nova Scotia countryside! I can hardly wait.

Some recent developments (besides my ever-growing boobs, of course) are an extremely itchy belly, very swollen ankles and a couple of teeny tiny stretch marks under by belly button. For the tummy I've got some oatmeal, which has helped a bit. For my swollen ankles and feet my midwife recommended cucumber, watermelon and hot water with lemon. And for my stretch marks the fine ladies at the health food store suggested shea butter. Not shea butter body shop or pharmacy style, but 100% shea butter. After reading about how many harmful chemicals are in the hair and body products we use every day, I decided I would put nothing on my body unless it would be safe to eat. I figure if it's not safe to put in my body, it shouldn't be considered safe to put it on my body.

I've been eating about 65% raw for the last little bit (except for Saturday when I had a lunch and dinner date and ate whatever caught my eye...which I paid for dearly later) and have been feeling great because of it! Raw food seriously changes your life. There are a couple of articles about it on my other blog (the link to it is on my blog profile at the right side of this page) if you're interested in the most wonderful, energizing, nourishing way to eat possible!

My little boy is obviously destined to be a great soccer player because he has been kicking like a maniac! My midwife was saying at our appointment today not to be worried about not feeling the baby often, because I won't feel him daily until my 24th week. I told her I don't just feel him every day, but multiple times a day! She said active babies are healthy babies, so that was wonderfully reassuring. In fact, on Sunday night I was watching TV and my belly was popping up in the place he was kicking me. It was so thrilling that I started squealing with delight! I'm excited for Jim to be able to feel him kicking from the outside when we see eachother in a week.

I wish I could write more, but I have a lot of putting-of-stuff-into-boxes before Friday afternoon, and I plan on going to bed early because I am WIPED.

Next time I write I will either be in Winnipeg, Thunder Bay or Salt Springs, NS!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment