Monday, April 26, 2010

Almost over the hump!

So...I've survived my first 'about-to-be-a-parent' freak-out session. Many thanks to everyone who sent messages of support and encouragement, I really appreciated that. I was in a state of panic for the entire day after I wrote, until I spoke to Jim late that evening. I'm sure I will have more times of uncertainty and doubt, but knowing that all of you other mothers out there went through the same thing and lived to tell the tale is comforting. It's also comforting to know that at the end of all this, I'll be cradling our beautiful baby. For the past couple of days, whenever I feel panic threaten to rise again, all it takes is a little kick from the baby to calm me down. Almost as if the tiny person inside me is giving me a nudge, reminding me of how much I love him or her already...and really, when I love someone this much, how can the experience be anything but wonderful and rewarding?

No comments:

Post a Comment