Sunday, May 30, 2010

In Thunder Bay...and the living's easy.

I've been in Thunder Bay for two days now, and I am incredibly relaxed and rested. Life is good.

The trip to Winnipeg was surprisingly nice. The landscape was beautiful and captured my attention for most of the ride despite the novels and SuDoku sitting untouched in my bag. I saw two moose and two wolves! I had never seen wolves before that so I was very excited! I think the bus driver mistook my excitement about the wolves for excitement about any kind of wildlife, and he therefore proceeded to wake me up every time he saw an animal on the side of the highway. It was cute, but kind of annoying since we were on the lat 4 hours of the trip and I was exhausted.

Winnipeg was awesome, and it was soooooo nice to see Joce and Jason. It had been a little over a year since I got to spend any quality time with them. Well overdue. I guess being away from good friends is a part of being an adult though...boo. Anyways, we ate at a place called Mongo's which was INCREDIBLE and officially my favourite restaurant in the world now! I got to assemble a bowl of goodies like soy beans, black beans, chick peas, bok choy, bean sprouts, peppers, tofu and rice noodles, then a whole bunch of random sauces and spices, then watched them grill it in front of me. LOVE IT! Jim arrived on Wednesday around suppertime and that was wonderful. I missed him a lot. On Thursday we went to the mall, and I got a couple of maternity wear items (ones I really like that I would have bought pre-pregnancy, which was thrilling!) and went to Build-A-Bear to assemble the cutest stuffed puppy EVER for the baby. There were so many add-on options it was overwhelming, but in the end we picked out a red handkerchief and the thing is adorable. Picturing the baby dragging it behind him by the ear makes my toes wiggle with excitement!

The drive to Thunder Bay was looooong, mostly because I was so tired, but we got to stop in Ignace and visit Rosa and Daniella which was nice. Like I told Rosa, if I can figure out how to raise our son so that he turns out as good as the Harrington kids I will be tickled pink! I guess we will wait and see...

Anyhow, while Jim is at ground school I am on my own and have been relaxing, reading, doing a little yoga, and today I'm going on a hunt for produce! Last night we went to Boston Pizza with a bunch of Jim's friends which was nice. They were all really nice people, but after two hours of sitting in a tall chair my butt and lower back hurt so much we had to check outta there! Tonight we're going to see Sex and the City, and tomorrow is Old Navy maternity section day!!! I'm excited.

Jim felt the baby kick for the first time on Wednesday, which was incredible to watch. It was so nice because it makes me sad that he has to miss out on so much of the pregnancy. Two weeks together feels like such a luxury though, so I will be relishing every minute!

Pregnancy-wise, the past few days have been good, with my only complaints being my incredibly itchy belly, and sore feet. My tootsies enjoyed a blissful foot rub from Jim last night though!

Anyhow, next time I write I'll be in Nova Scotia. Pretty exciting stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment