Sunday, May 23, 2010

Home.

Well, it's Sunday morning and I sit here writing this with tears streaming down my face. I just woke up and looked around my empty room and realized that for the first time I'm leaving and I have no idea when I'll be back. I've left before, and those of you who know me well (including myself) probably knew it was just a matter of time before I left again, but this time it's different.

This time I'm embarking upon the greatest, hardest, most wonderful, rewarding and challenging thing I will ever do and I'm doing it miles and miles away from the people I love, who love me, who have raised me and shaped me into this wild crazy woman that I am. I love you all. I will especially miss you women (Mom, Auntie Laura, Auntie Debbie, Auntie Lynda and Auntie Suzie) who have taught me what it is to be a strong, caring, willful, creative, wise, loving and lovely woman. You five have taught me what it means to be a mother, and I just hope I can take all of your best qualities with me and teach my son just how valuable they are. Most girls are lucky to have one mother to raise and love them, and I was blessed with five. I am really going to miss you. You are irreplaceable to me.

I know in my heart that this is going to be the most incredibly exciting time of my life, and I am incredibly anxious to meet my son. Soon enough, I will be home and you will meet him too!

I'll be living out of my suitcase for awhile, so I don't know when I will write next, but considering all the change that is about to take place, and all of the hormones surging through my body, I'm willing to bet it will be soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment