Thursday, February 25, 2010

11 Weeks

This week I am cooking dinner every night for Mom because she bought me my first maternity clothes last weekend. By the way, maternity pants are the most wonderfully comfortable pants I have ever worn in my life. Better than PJs. Better than naked. I kid you not. Anyways, I thoroughly enjoy cooking. I put on my apron, play some feel-good music (usually the Temptations, Elton John, Jerry Lee Lewis - anything cheerful that I can dance to while cooking) and experiment! So far this week we've had pretty basic stuff like perogies and gnocchi, tilapia and cooked broccoli salad, easy stuff. Right now I'm baking some bread to make bruschetta on. Bruschetta with ravioli I think. One of the loveliest parts of cooking dinner every day is that I get to decide what we eat, and being pregnant, that is a beautiful thing!

Yesterday while I was cooking and dancing (and singing along, probably much to the neighbours annoyance - but they slam their toilet seat so I don't care!) I thought to myself that I really enjoy cooking. And since this is the only way I can currently contribute to the household, I'm going to keep doing it. Also, I'm learning to cook new things which will come in handy in the future since you will have to pry the oven mitts out of my cold dead hand before my child will eat Kraft Dinner. Oi vey this is making me hungry.

Lately I have been wondering about baby names again! The more I say a name in my head the more I wonder if I want to say that name 20 times a day for the next 20 years...
I've been keeping a list of names that I like The boy list is pretty short mostly because I really love the few I've found, and will probably store the ones I don't use away for the future (optimistic, yes?). The girls name list is pretty long though. I'm going to list them here, and if a name pops out to you, I want to know! So keep it in mind, and the next time you see me, I'd love your opinion. Here goes...

Boys:
Liam
Tate
Oliver

Girls:
Chloe
Avery
Rosalie
Madeline
Willow
Piper
Allegra
Mabel

3 comments:

  1. I have to say.... Oliver for boy and Rosalie or Chloe for girl. Personal opinion. <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely Oliver for a boy.
    Avery is still my #1 for a girl. I like Madeline but I think people will mistake it with Madeleine and it might annoy you.
    Allegra is an antihistamine. I just have to tell you as your best friend. (but if that is the baby's name I will love it nonetheless!)
    I also like Chloe and Willow. Rosalie just reminds me of Twilight.
    I notice something missing from the list. . .

    MEET YOU ALL THE WAY. . .
    ROSANNA YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. piper? ...really?....well if thats an option....its got my vote! lol

    miguel

    ReplyDelete