Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Kim and Baby's First Prenatal Appointment

As many of you know, this morning baby and I had our first prenatal appointment. It was not at all what I expected. I expected a more personal experience, but I guess that's not the way it goes. It was pretty nice to be able to ask all of the questions I've had though. I had some lady things done (all the ladies reading this will know what that means I hope) and I heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time! I can't even put into words how incredible that was. Just thinking about it makes me cry. I recorded it and have been listening to it over and over since I got home. I can't upload it to this site, but for those of you who have facebook, it's been posted onto my profile.

I also had bloodwork done (barf.) and had to pee in some cups, which is always a party.

My first ultrasound is next Thursday the 4th so after that I will have the baby's first picture to post on here. I am SO excited for the ultrasound. It is really wonderful to finally have some positive things to show for being pregnant. So far it's just been pregnancy symptoms but now that I've heard the baby's heartbeat and it's almost time to see the baby, I am elated.

Auntie Laura came with me today which was really great because I did not want to go alone. It was nice to have her there, especially because she sees the humour in pregnancy too. I was much less nervous about the whole thing than I would have been. We went for lunch afterwards and I ate lasagna (what a surprise!) and she bought the baby's first book. It's adorable. If this baby is anything like me, stocking up on books is going to be essential!

Well, now that the appointment is over, it's NAP time.

No comments:

Post a Comment