Monday, March 8, 2010

To Dairy or Not To Dairy?


Aloha!

This weekend Shannon and I hit Sears and I picked out the baby's crib (>>>>>). It was fun, but the options were overwhelming! I'm still not 100% sure about the finish I want, but when I know the sex it will be easier to choose. I want to know the sex NOW. I want to stop calling the baby "he or she". I want to call the baby Tate or Piper. Pregnancy really isn't for the impatient. Oh well. I guess now is a good time to start learning patience anyways.

The past few days have been a roller coaster pregnancy-wise! On Thursday night I decided to stay up until 2am with Miguel and I paid for it dearly on Friday. I woke up with a headache, went back to bed after an hour then woke up again with a worse headache. Then came the nausea. I went to bed by 8:30, threw up and rolled around in bed in agony until I finally got to sleep around midnight. I consider that my lesson. I will go to bed at my bedtime from now on or the baby will make me pay.

The rest of the weekend was quite lovely. The weather has been beautiful, and I think today I will brave the semi-icy sidewalks and go for a walk. It's torture to look out the window and not go out to enjoy the beauty.

For the past week or so, I have been feeling funny a lot, and I haven't been able to figure out why. It's not exactly like nausea, more like uncomfortableness in the digestion area, and I think I may have nailed down the problem. Dairy. I had a huge lactose problem before I got pregnant that seemed to go away until now. Now I feel the familiar stirrings of lactose intolerance rearing it's ugly head again. Unfortunately, I don't enjoy Lactaid and am going to have to drink large amounts of soy milk to keep up with my calcium needs. I have drank soy milk in the past a lot, but I have never enjoyed it. But since I would rather not raise my child with dairy anyways, I may as well get used to the change now. So as I sit here, I am sipping a mug of hot soy milk with honey and cinnamon, and it's delicious. I think the more I drink, the more I will get used to it, and eventually I won't be able to notice a difference.

I have my first midwives appointment this Thursday afternoon, and I'm really excited for it. I've been told that it's a much nicer, more personal experience than I will get with my doctor. That's really important to me, especially considering that this is my first pregnancy and everything is so new and exciting. I want the people around me to be just as happy and excited. Bad attitudes can really spoil the experience. I'm also thrilled that having a midwife also means double the ultrasounds! I could go for one every day and I doubt I would ever get bored of it.

Well, I'm all typed out.

1 comment:

  1. You will like having a midwife. I'm currently doing.. well I'm almost done a paper of midwifery. haha

    and YAY!!! I'm so excited for you!! and I love love love the name choices

    ReplyDelete