Wednesday, March 31, 2010

16 weeks!

Pregnancy has been bliss lately. I have a good deal of my energy back, and so long as I don't try to stay up for more than 10 hours I can go all day without a nap! Granted, I'm really grumpy by hour 7 or 8, but if I need to, I can skip nap time. I feel so free! I've noticed how much hungrier I am lately, which makes sense since I'm growing a human, but oddly enough all I want is wholesome food. I'm pretty glad about that since usually when I'm hungry it's easier to grab quick, not so wholesome snacks. I think the baby is controlling my mind.

The past couple of mornings I've been vomiting as soon as I've woken up, so I called my midwife this morning to ask if I should be worried. She asked me how far along I was and I told her 16 weeks. She then informed me that some unlucky women have their morning sickness return at around 16 weeks! I was so relieved that it wasn't anything serious that I don't really even mind. I've done the morning sickness thing, I can handle it. And besides, so far it's just when I wake up and then I've been fine for the rest of the day. I really don't mind starting the day with a nice vomit session!

Jim will be here in a couple of weeks for the baby's next ultrasound, and I'm excited for another visit and another baby sighting! I really hope we can tell from the ultrasound what the baby is. I've been doing as much 'practice' with ultrasound pictures online as I can, but we may just end up having to wait a few days to find out the sex. We're both hoping for a girl. :)

I've been going for long walks every day and my legs and feet are SORE. That seemed pretty weird to me since I have pretty strong legs from running so I looked in my book (The Mother of All Pregnancy Books - aka. my pregnancy bible) and it informed me that because my muscles are relaxing in preparation for the baby, it's normal to be pretty sore. I still have so much to learn! I catch myself thinking that because something hasn't happened to me yet, it isn't going to. And one by one, those things have started happening (hemorrhoids), or aren't far off from happening (swollen feet and ankles) so from now on I'm not going to assume I'm immune to anything.

I've come a long way in the past week with the body image issue. I haven't had a problem with body image for a long time, so I hated feeling so gross. After talking to Jim about it (I think it really helped to let it all out) and really monitoring my thoughts I've started to realize that pregnancy is indeed beautiful, and I should be enjoying this amazing time and appreciating my body's incredible ability to be doing what it's doing. So when I catch myself feeling self-conscious, I just remind myself "Hey! You're pregnant! Give yourself a break!" And as far as I'm concerned if anyone is stupid enough to think I carry all my weight in my stomach, then they probably shouldn't reproduce.

Well, it's bedtime for grumpy Kim. Thanks for reading!

By the way, this post is dedicated to Serena. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment