Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tap. Tap.

Yesterday morning I felt the baby kick for the first time! It felt like being tapped lightly, as if the baby was saying "Excuse me, I'm in here. Just thought I would remind you." I love it! I wouldn't mind being kicked repeatedly (by the baby) every day for the next 25 weeks.

I've been doing some yoga and it's really calming and feels great. The thought of stretching freaked me out a little at first because whenever I make a wrong move too fast I feel like my uterus is ripping open - not fun. Yoga has always made me feel great though so I think if I just proceed carefully and do modified poses I can get all the stress-relieving goodness I've been missing out on.

I'm still having a really hard time with the whole weight gain situation. I've been reading articles and looking at pictures of pregnant women trying to get the "pregnancy is beautiful" feeling to rub off on me. I'm not sure why it bothers me so much, but it really does. I will never be one of those mothers who eats little enough that she doesn't gain much weight and ends up with an underweight baby for the sake of her self-image. I will keep doing what's best for the baby, but hopefully soon I will start to like it. I miss feeling beautiful. :(

I've been singing to the baby a lot lately because of all the articles I've been reading about babies being able to hear and recognize their parent's voices. I think that is a beautiful thing. I can't wait to hold the baby and talk to, sing to and play with him or her. I had my first positive baby dream two nights ago. It was a girl, beautiful and chubby-cheeked with brown hair. Every baby-related dream I've had so far has been a miscarriage dream so it was a nice change!

Well, it's a beautiful day out and time for a walk! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment