Friday, June 25, 2010

28 Weeks!

Wednesday was the 28 week mark! I can't believe I only have 12 more weeks left...

The past week has been pretty uneventful pregnancy-wise. I've been doing a lot of relaxing, cooking, meditating, reading and soaking up the sun. Needless to say, life has been pretty good. I'm mentally ready for the baby to arrive now...I think 9 months is much too long to wait. I don't know who to file that complaint with though...God? Most of my annoying pregnancy symptoms have gone away, which I attribute to a ridiculously healthy diet and stress-free existence.

This week I'll be going to get my bloodwork done again to check for anaemia and whatnot, but I've been popping my B12 on a daily basis so it should be lookin' good. Not looking forward to the needle though. :(

I've been looking at cribs and various baby things lately because it's getting around to that time when we need to start purchasing, assembling and readying the baby's pad. I have a feeling he's going to be a bit early so I definitely want to be prepared. Also, I think it would be nice to sit in a rocking chair in a baby-ready room and soak in the wonderfulness for a little bit before that scene includes wailing. We're going to get pictures done at the beginning of August so there will be one more set of shots to enjoy later on. I hope I'm this diligent about keeping track of things for the rest of my offspring. Being the kid with a half-finished baby book because your parents slacked off after the first one sucks. I guess time will tell - lots and lots of time though, because I'm not doing this again for a good long while!

Not having Jim around would have to be the only down-side to the current situation. This long-distance crap is really getting old. Just seven more days until he arrives though so I know I should suck it up and remember that a lot of people have it much worse. And lucky me, I get some soap when he arrives!

Sorry I don't have much to report, but I really can't complain about not having anything to complain about.

I plan on kicking up my heels and celebrating pregnant-style when I hit 30 weeks so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment