Sunday, June 13, 2010

26 Weeks!

The past few days have been pretty interesting! Jim left on Thursday morning which sucked and in the afternoon I had my first appointment with my new OB. She is really nice, and I appreciated her taking quite a bit of time to sit with me, answer all of my questions and share some of her personal experiences. She was very accepting of the way I want to do things (no drugs of any kind for any reason unless I say so) and basically, she's wonderful! She also informed me that I've lost 5 pounds since my last appointment about 2 weeks ago which made me a little worried, but after measuring my stomach and assuring me that the baby is growing according to schedule, I felt a lot better. As long as he's growing, I have no problem whatsoever with the idea of losing weight.

On Friday I found out that the baby's bassinet had arrived at Sears (thanks to some of the most wonderful girlfriends anyone could ask for!) so we went to pick it up, and I opened and assembled it as soon as we got home and I got it into the house! It is beautiful. I saw it in the catalogue, and I saw it in the store at home, but there is something different about having my own, here, sitting in the baby's room waiting for him that makes my heart sigh every time I go in there to look at it...which I do pretty often.

On Saturday I woke up at about 7am with some excruciating stomach cramps and proceeded to barf (amongst other nasty things) for the next few hours. When I realized that my barfing/cramping sessions were getting more and more frequent I started to panic a bit that something might be wrong with the baby. So, I peeled myself off of the bathroom floor, put some clothes on and went upstairs to ask Edie to drive me to the hospital. Wonderful woman that she is, she grabbed a bucket and some paper towels and kleenex and off we went! The first thing they did was send me up to maternity to make sure the baby was okay, and he was perfectly fine. Even when I was cramping he showed no signs of distress so that was a HUGE relief. Then I went back downstairs to the emergency room to wait and barf and wait and barf until finally I ran out to the bathroom to throw up only to find that it was occupied! The nearest option was outside so I ran for the door but didn't make it in time and threw up all over the floor, the door, and myself. I went into the emergency room, told the nurse that I could not sit there anymore (I'd been there for about an hour and 1/2 at this point, and the waiting time was estimated at 4 hours) especially now that I was covered in puke. To paint you a picture, my sandals were actually making squishing noises when I walked. Disgusting. Anyways, I went into the bathroom, took off my t-shirt (I had a tank-top underneath) and went outside to wait for Edie. It was humiliating. Had I known the baby was fine, I would have just stayed at home! Anyways, it turned out to be the stomach flu, so after spending the rest of the day throwing up (amongst other nasty things), sleeping, sweating, shivering and aching, I woke up this morning feeling much better. I still have a bit of an angry stomach and I'm still exhausted, but the worst is behind me and I'm hoping to wake up as my normal radiant self (HA!) in the morning.

If the past few days are any indication of what the next couple of weeks will be like, I'm sure the time will fly by, and Jim will be back in what feels like no time at all!

P.S. My stretch marks are getting worse, but my outlook is getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment